First Day of Camp
Sunday, July 12th
- Directions to campus »
- Check-In: The first day of camp will be on Sunday, July 12th. Camp check-in will be between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 12th at Sproul Cove. If you are a residential camper, you'll want to arrive as close to 1:00 p.m. as possible so you can set up your dorm room. If you are a commuter camper, you'll want to arrive close to 2:30 p.m.
- Arriving at Camp: Parking here costs $12 per day. Please see interactive campus map here »
- Parent Orientation will take place in West Coast room in Covel Commons on Sunday, July 12th after student check in at 3:30 p.m. This is a great opportunity for our parents to meet the staff at their specific location and ask questions as well.
- Commuter campers can be picked up inside the parking structure adjacent to Delta Terrace. at 7:00 p.m. at the end of the first day.
- Commuter Drop off will be at 8:30 a.m. every morning inside the parking structure adjacent to Delta Terrace. at the commuter drop off point (see interactive map) with the exception of Sunday, July 5th. On this day students will be allowed to sleep in and check in at 12:45 p.m.
- Commuter Pick up will be at 7:00 p.m every evening inside the parking structure adjacent to Delta Terrace.. We will do our best to make sure all functions will return to campus on time but in case of traffic or inclement weather please send your students with a cell phone or your phone number so that we can contact you if we will be late.
- Dormitory Details: Residential Campers will be staying in Sproul Cove. Refer to the following campus link for more information about this hall: Sproul Cove »
- Style of Dorms: The students will be staying in double or triple accommodation rooms.
- Dorm Amenities: Student's will be living in Sproul Cover, UCLA’s newest high rise residence halls. Most rooms in the residence halls will be shared by three students while the remaining rooms will have two student occupants. Residence hall amenities include air-conditioned, furnished rooms with basic cable TV service and computer network connections in every room, plus a laundry facility. Sproul Cove has traditional common bathrooms shared by residents on that hall (Genders on different floors or wings).
Last Day of Camp
Thursday, July 23th
- Student Showcase: Parents should arrive at Sunset Village Parking no later than 12:45 p.m. Capitol Debate Staff will escort parents to the student showcase. This is a great chance for parents to see their students present what they've learned at camp. The showcase will take place in the Delta Terrace spaces and the West Coast room. from about 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Award Ceremony: At 3:00 p.m. we will complete our student showcase and escort parents and students to our awards ceremony which will be held in the Kerckhoff Grand Salon. Parents will have the opportunity to watch their students walk across the stage and receive their Certificate of Completion as well as watch some snapshots of students throughout the camp.
- Checkout: After we wrap up our awards ceremony at 4:00 p.m., we will dismiss our commuter students and escort our residential Parents & Students to their dorm rooms where they can gather their belongings and head home.
Special Camp Events
- Field Trip: We'll be visiting The Getty Center and the Grove on Thursday, July 2nd.
- Team Building Day: On Saturday, July 4th the students have a field day on campus with lots of fun activities planned, so make sure to bring some recreational clothing and a pair of shoes to run in!
- Talent Show: What better way for the kids to have fun than a Talent Show on Saturday, July 4th! Make sure to bring something to show off your amazing talents!
Campus Specific Contact Details
Thank you again for your consideration of this important information. If you do have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. You can email us at email@example.com or call in to (800) 450 5012.
Once again, thank you for registering with Capitol Debate and we are looking forward to seeing all of you at camp this summer. We hope you are as ready as we are to have the summer of a lifetime at Capitol Debate Summer Camps!
Your Capitol Debate Staff