First Day of Camp
Sunday, July 26th
- Directions to campus »
- Check-In: The first day of camp will be on Sunday, July 26th. Camp check-in will be between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 26th at Mandell Family Hall. If you are a residential camper, you'll want to arrive as close to 1:00 p.m. as possible so you can set up your dorm room. If you are a commuter camper, you'll want to arrive close to 2:30 p.m.
- Arriving at Camp: Parking here is free. Please see interactive campus map here »
- Parent Orientation will take place in Olin Auditorium on Sunday, July 26th after student check in at 3:30 p.m. This is a great opportunity for our parents to meet the staff at their specific location and ask questions as well.
- Commuter campers can be picked up Knight Parking Lot at 7:00 p.m. at the end of the first day.
- Commuter Drop off will be at 8:30 a.m. every morning Knight Parking Lot at the commuter drop off point (see interactive map) with the exception of Sunday, August 2nd. On this day students will be allowed to sleep in and check in at 12:45 p.m.
- Commuter Pick up will be at 7:00 p.m every evening Knight Parking Lot. We will do our best to make sure all functions will return to campus on time but in case of traffic or inclement weather please send your students with a cell phone or your phone number so that we can contact you if we will be late.
- Dormitory Details: Residential Campers will be staying in Mandell Hall. Refer to the following campus link for more information about this hall: Mandell Hall »
- Style of Dorms: The students will be staying in apartment style dormitories.
- Dorm Amenities: This dorm has air conditioning, common kitchens, laundry facilities, and vending machines.
Last Day of Camp
Thursday, August 6th
- Student Showcase: Parents should arrive at Trim Parking Lot no later than 12:45 p.m. Capitol Debate Staff will escort parents to the student showcase. This is a great chance for parents to see their students present what they've learned at camp. The showcase will take place in the Tomasso Hall from about 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Award Ceremony: At 3:00 p.m. we will complete our student showcase and escort parents and students to our awards ceremony which will be held in the Sorenson Theatre. Parents will have the opportunity to watch their students walk across the stage and receive their Certificate of Completion as well as watch some snapshots of students throughout the camp.
- Checkout: After we wrap up our awards ceremony at 4:00 p.m., we will dismiss our commuter students and escort our residential Parents & Students to their dorm rooms where they can gather their belongings and head home.
Special Camp Events
- Field Trip: We'll be visiting AMC Framingham / Natick Mall on Wednesday, July 31st.
- Team Building Day: On Saturday, August 1st the students have a field day on campus with lots of fun activities planned, so make sure to bring some recreational clothing and a pair of shoes to run in!
- Talent Show: What better way for the kids to have fun than a Talent Show on Saturday, August 1st! Make sure to bring something to show off your amazing talents!
Campus Specific Contact Details
- 800.450.5012 x520
- Babson College
Summer Programs c/o Capitol Debate Attn: Student Name
231 Forest Street
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
Thank you again for your consideration of this important information. If you do have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. You can email us at email@example.com or call in to (800) 450 5012.
Once again, thank you for registering with Capitol Debate and we are looking forward to seeing all of you at camp this summer. We hope you are as ready as we are to have the summer of a lifetime at Capitol Debate Summer Camps!
Your Capitol Debate Staff