Preamble: All Capitol Debate Staff, regardless of title and/or experience, are here to: serve the best interests of the student, make it an amazing summer for all participants, show up every day as their best self, and be present to take on any and all responsibilities that create a successful camp! All Capitol Debate staff are considered Camp Counselors first and foremost.
Seeking Senior Instructors for Public Speaking and Debate - Summer 2024 for the following locations: Yale, University of Pennsylvania, UCLA, UNC, Villanova, American University, Lawrenceville School, Rider University, Hun School of Princeton, Drew University, University of Washington, Babson College, University of Houston.
Join Capitol Debate Summer Camps in nurturing the next generation of leaders and thinkers! We are seeking skilled coaches and educators with a zeal for public speaking and debate to lead our 2024 summer sessions. Our camps, situated in 15 vibrant cities, run in various two-week sessions from June 8 to August 1, 2024. This role offers an exciting travel opportunity, requiring a commitment of at least 6 weeks over the summer, potentially across 3 different campuses.
- Guide and support curriculum development and lecture planning.
- Mentor students in research, speech writing, and presentation skills, providing valuable feedback.
- Judge student competitions and lead student showcases.
- Conduct engaging classes and deliver inspiring lectures.
- Collaborate with fellow instructors and camp counselors, fostering a team environment.
- Participate in camp's opening and closing ceremonies.
- Arrive a day prior to camp commencement for final setup.
- Engage in 5-10 hours of pre-camp training focused on curriculum, lesson planning, and camp logistics.
Requirements & Experience
Passionate coaches with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in coaching competitive public speaking and debate (Speech and Debate teams, Forensics, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, etc.). Educators with at least 2 years’ classroom experience at the 6th to 12th-grade or college level. Bachelor’s degree holders (Master’s degree preferred). Fully vaccinated individuals eager to participate in a dynamic camp environment. Both enthusiastic beginners and experienced coaches are encouraged to apply, as we cherish both new insights and expert knowledge.
Why Choose Capitol Debate?
Capitol Debate is more than just a summer camp; it's a vibrant community where learning and growth are paramount. We value diversity and encourage coaches from various backgrounds and experience levels to apply. Whether you are starting your coaching journey or are an experienced mentor, join us in crafting a summer of learning, laughter, and leadership that will leave a lasting impression on both you and our students.
Click here to apply »