Safety is Our Number One Priority
We have been running debate camps for more than 20 years. Our academic camp staff have over a century of combined industry experience. We work closely with the American Camp Association to ensure our safety standards meet the maximum requirements. We have extensive measures for dealing with crises. Capitol Classic debate is one of the safest, most secure summer education programs in the country.
Our safety standards include:
- State and federal background checks performed on all staff
- Adult dorm directors present 24/7
- Full time Nurse at each camp
- Extensive safety training required for all staff
- Key coded access to enter buildings
- Residential advisors on every floor
- Students are required to remain in groups all day
- Students are not permitted to wander alone or leave campus
- Attendance is taken at every class to ensure students’ safe arrival
All Our Academic Camps & Debate Camps Have Rigorous Safety Standards
A supportive and shielded community lets students learn, free from unnecessary pressures or concerns. It allows parents to feel confident in their decision to send their children to camp. It allows us to create one of the best academic summer camps in America and across the world.