Dear Parents and Students!
We are so excited to meet you at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Please read over this information carefully and be sure to note in your personal calendars the dates and times that you will need to be at the campus for opening day, orientation, pick up, drop off, and closing day activities.
During your camp, you may reach out to us via the number and extension below, which is specific to your camp location.
- This information can always be found on our Summer Camp Attendee Information Page on our website.
- For those who need to prepare and pack for camp, we have provided a Packing List. Please ensure that your children are properly equipped for our camp, instruction time, miscellaneous activities, and for their overnight stay.
- Take note that Capitol Debate Summer Camps are NUT-FREE camps. Due to the presence of severe nut allergies, we maintain a nut-free policy.
- Please send your child with change and supplies for laundry. We will be helping our residential campers gain a sense of independence through the important lesson of doing one's own laundry.
First Day of Camp
- Directions to campus »
- Check-In: The first day of camp will be on Sunday, June 16. Camp check-in will be between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 16 at Parker Hall. If you are a residential camper, you'll want to arrive as close to 1:00 p.m. as possible so you can set up your dorm room. If you are a commuter camper, you'll want to arrive close to 2:30 p.m.
- Arriving at Camp: Parking here costs $1.75 per hour. Info coming soon
- Parent Orientation will take place in Student Academic Services Center, Upendo 118 on Sunday, June 16 after student check in at 3:30 p.m. This is a great opportunity for our parents to meet the staff at their specific location and ask questions as well.
- Commuter campers can be picked up across from the Student Academic Services Center at 7:00 p.m. at the end of the first day.
- Commuter Drop off will be at 8:30 a.m. every morning across from the Student Academic Services Center at the commuter drop off point (see interactive map) with the exception of Sunday, June 23. On this day students will be allowed to sleep in and check in at 12:45 p.m.
- Commuter Pick up will be at 7:00 p.m every evening across from the Student Academic Services Center. We will do our best to make sure all functions will return to campus on time but in case of traffic or inclement weather please send your students with a cell phone or your phone number so that we can contact you if we will be late.
- Dormitory Details: Residential Campers will be staying in Parker Hall. Refer to the following campus link for more information about this hall: Parker Hall »
- Style of Dorms: The students will be staying in apartment style dormitories.
- Dorm Amenities: This dorm has study rooms, shared kitchenettes, laundry facilitites, lounges, vending machines, and recreation rooms.
Last Day of Camp
- Student Showcase: Parents should arrive at the Rams Head Parking Deck no later than 8:45 a.m. Capitol Debate Staff will escort parents to the student showcase. This is a great chance for parents to see their students present what they've learned at camp. The showcase will take place in the Upendo 1114 & 1118, and other classrooms nearby from about 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Award Ceremony: At 11:00 a.m. we will complete our student showcase and escort parents and students to our awards ceremony which will be held in the . Parents will have the opportunity to watch their students walk across the stage and receive their Certificate of Completion as well as watch some snapshots of students throughout the camp.
- Checkout: After we wrap up our awards ceremony at 12:00 p.m., we will dismiss our commuter students and escort our residential Parents & Students to their dorm rooms where they can gather their belongings and head home.
Special Camp Events
- Field Trip: We'll be visiting North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences on Thursday, June 20.
- Team Building Day: On Saturday, June 22nd the students have a field day on campus with lots of fun activities planned, so make sure to bring some recreational clothing and a pair of shoes to run in!
- Talent Show: What better way for the kids to have fun than a Talent Show on Saturday, June 22nd! Make sure to bring something to show off your amazing talents!
Campus Specific Contact Details
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC
Thank you again for your consideration of this important information. If you do have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call in to (800) 450 5012.
Once again, thank you for registering with Capitol Debate and we are looking forward to seeing all of you at camp this summer. We hope you are as ready as we are to have the summer of a lifetime at Capitol Debate Summer Camps!
Your Capitol Debate Staff